Since the Kepler telescope went online, astronomers have found there may be an estimate 40 billion planets like Earth in the Milky Way galaxy alone. What does it take for a planet to be considered Earth-like?
Image courtesy NASA
- Are we not the only Earth out there?
- Kepler 452-b: What would it be like to live on Earth's cousin?
- 'Habitable' Super Earth Might Exist After All
- Habitable Exoplanets Catalog
- Earth-Like Planets in Goldilocks Zones
- Venus Greenhouse Effect
- What is the difference between a candidate and a confirmed exoplanet?