Since the Supreme Court ruled in 2010 in the Citizens United case that political contributions are speech and should be protected, the floodgates of anonymous political contributions have opened. But does absolute funding corrupt absolutely?
- Follow the Dark Money
- Was the Court Conned in Citizens United?
- The IRS Gives Up on Fighting Dark Money
- Mitch McConnell Just Made It Virtually Impossible to Police Dark Money in 2016
- Super PACs on OpenSecrets
- The Meaning and Origin of the Expression: Slush Fund
- 'Dark Money' Funds Climate Change Denial Effort
- A Must Read: Jane Mayers' 'Dark Money' Uncovers Hidden History of Billionaire Kochs
- How Record Spending Will Affect the 2016 Election
- In Defense of Anonymous Political Giving
- Election Spending 2014: Outside Spending in Senate Races Since Citizens United
- SEC Stalemate After Citizens United Spurs Others to Act
- 2012 Presidential Race on OpenSecrets